Sweet, Soft & Lazy: Jazz-Pop From & Inspired By The 80s

Flickr
I think the 1980s were one of the best eras in pop music with those big budgets and highly creative musicians. That’s why I like more recent music that was inspired by the decade as well, like the brand new songs from Parekh & Singh and Miles. Let me know what you think! 😊 

 “I wanted to make a record that would fit in between the Eagles and Michael McDonald. Those 70s and 80s records that had all the top LA guys are the favourites in my vinyl collection so I knew if I wanted to listen to it, others would too.” Adam (Miles)

Tracklist:

Stella Starlight Trio – Don’t You Want Me (2009)
Baiana – Saudade Samba (2022)
Viktor Lazlo ‎– Sweet, Soft N' Lazy (1986)
Everything But The Girl – I Don’t Want To Talk About It (1988)
Rosie Vela – Magic Smile (1986)
It’s Immaterial – Driving Away From Home (1986)
Peter Blegvad – Karen (1983)
Jens Lekman – What’s That Perfume You Wear (2017)
Miles – Riding The Wave (2022)
Black – The Big One (1988)
China Crisis – Black Man Ray (1985)
Parekh & Singh – Je Suis La Pomme Rouge (2022)
The Camfonics – No Need To Be All Alone (2016)
Woman’s Hour – Conversations (2014)
Sade – Never As Good As The First Time (1985)
Halo James – Witness (1990)
Hue & Cry ‎– Ordinary Angel (1988)
Level 42 – Something About You (1985)
Madonna – La Isla Bonita (1987)
Mr. President – I Can’t Go For That (2014)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators