Do You Like Jazz?

This is a tribute to my wonderful dad. He died on the 23rd of September, the day I’ll always remember, to quote the Temptations. For some people you wish that they could live forever and my father was certainly one of them. He was always there for me. I’m going to miss him, that’s for sure.

Here’s a collection of songs that my father loved to hear. Each time I played this mix for him, he said he enjoyed it. He even wanted to hear it in hospital while he had an MRI scan. The intention of the mix was to create a jazzy, peaceful, relaxing and overall hopeful sound that made my father feel comfortable. Hopefully you’ll enjoy this tribute to my dad as well. If you want to download any of the mixes, contact me.

Tracklist:

Señor Coconut Y Su Conjunto – The Man Machine (2000)
Quincy Jones – Soul Bossa Nova (1962)
Sound Directions – Song For My Father (2003)
George Michael & Astrud Gilberto – Desafinado (1996)
Claude Monnet & Monica Nogueira - La Rua Madureira (2004)
Nouvelle Vague – Dance With Me (2006)
Booker T. & the MG’s – Over Easy (1968)
Mr. Untel – Et Bien N’Est-ce Pas! (2001)
Marc Moulin – I Am You (2007)
Joker Juice – Nature Devotion (2007)
Jafrosax – Drawn To You [Original Fukutomi Mix] (2004)
Freddie Hubbard – Neo Terra (1976)
Willie Bobo – Always There (1978)
Dennis Ferrer – Change The World [Original Mix] (2007)
Monte La Rue – Turn Off The Lights (2007)
The Cool Balance – Do You Like Jazz? [Main Jazz Mix] (2007)
Bent – Beautiful Otherness (2003)
Eric Vloeimans (+ Fay Lovsky) – Images Of Washington (2007)
Janelle Monáe – Sir Greendown (2010)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators