Groovy, Sexy & Soulful Part 33 Sultry Soul Edition


Picture by Rémy Mako
Enjoy this 33rd part of ‘Groovy, sexy & soulful’! One of the tracks is the sublime ‘Night people’ ('Yeah, baby, yeah') from The Leaders. Songwriter Carl D'Errico remembers:

“Ted Cooper, Carl Spencer, Eddie Rabbitt and I wrote a song called "Night People" where the demo turned into the master. The four of us were hanging out at the office and decided to write a song together. Carl Spencer sang the male vocal and I'm not sure who did the female vocal. That's Eddie and me struggling in the background with our falsettos to sound like a female backup group. Teddy got a deal with the Fontana label for the demo and came up with the brilliant name for the group, the Leaders. There was another cover of the song by a group called Harry Deal and the Galaxies - I'm not sure if that's a step up or down from the Leaders. I don't know where Ted's career went after I left Shapiro-Bernstein, but I heard later that unfortunately he died at a young age.” (http://www.spectropop.com/CarlD)

If you stick to the end, you can hear a track from the professor himself, called 'Counting down tonite', which is available on Soundcloud.

Track listing:

The SOS Band – Even When You Sleep (1986)
Toni Braxton – You’re Making Me High [Mr Leigh The Sky Edit] (1996)
Mayer Hawthorne – Crime [Suff Daddy Remix] (2013)
Myron & E – If I Gave You My Love (2013)
Sonny Charles – Black Pearl (1969)
The Leaders – Night People (1965)
The Lovelites – Come And Get It [The Apple Scruffs Edit] (1970s)
The Four Tops – Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever (1966)
Johnny Bristol – I Wouldn’t Change A Thing (1975)
Debra Laws – Be Yourself (1981)
Mtume – Tie Me Up (1984)
Private Eye – I Lose Sleep Over You (1983)
Carl Anderson – Buttercup (1985)
Nicole McCloud With Timmy Thomas ‎– New York Eyes (1986)
Earth, Wind & Fire – Sign On (2013)
David Lemaitre – Megalomania (2013)
Broods – Bridges (2013)
Professor Eddy – Counting Down Tonite (2013)
John Forde – Don’t You Know Who Did It (1978)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators