Smooth Sailing: Sensual Songs & Mellow Melodies

Joan Smalls / Instagram
Enjoy a brand new episode of Smooth Sailing! One of the tracks on this cloudcast is a beautiful song by wedding singer Jens Lekman. He revealed on Bandcamp:

"Part of the thing I enjoy about playing weddings is that I’m just a musician, really. I mean, sometimes I’m a guest of honor, but the spotlight is not on me, the spotlight is on the people getting married and the families coming together. I’m almost like I’m a midwife, delivering these people into the next part of their life and then I may never see them again. There’s something job-like about it that I enjoy, and it’s helped me a lot to develop my performance. I can perform anywhere now, because every wedding is like, ‘Here’s the cake that you’re supposed to jump out of,’ or ‘Here’s the corner of the bar where you’re supposed to be singing without amplification, and there’ll be 500 drunk people."

'Cloud 9’ by Jamiroquai will appear on the group's upcoming album, ‘Automaton’, their first release in seven years. Guitars dominate the track with a series of quicksilver riffs, referring to the sound of seventies icons Chic. Lead singer Jay Kay sings: "Only a fool could walk away from me this time/ I'm walking on air, and every cloud is cloud 9."

“‘Cloud 9’ is a song that's written in the style that I hope people know us for and are familiar with," Kay said in a statement. "It's a song that anyone that has been jilted and yet found love somewhere else will no doubt relate to … get in the car stick it on the radio and just drive." 'Cloud 9' will be the third track on ‘Automaton’, an album inspired by "the rise of artificial intelligence and technology in our world today."

Next up is a brand new part of Eddy's Eighties Grooves!

Tracklist:

Eddie Horan – Concert By The Sea (1978)
Kenny Wellington – Heading Home (2016)
Keni Rightout ‎– Another Day (1981)
Linda Williams ‎– No Love, No Where, Without You (1979)
The Four Tops – Do What You Gotta Do (1969)
LP – Other People (2016)
Princess Freesia – The Light [Soulpersona Retroriffic Reprise] (2017)
L’Impératrice – Vanille Fraise [Edit] (2016)
Jamiroquai – Cloud 9 (2017)
Jens Lekman – What’s That Perfume You Wear (2017)
Phoebe Snow – Keep A Watch On The Shoreline (1974)
Tender Leaf – Countryside Beauty (1982)
Steve Maii And Teresa Bright ‎– Catching A Wave (1983)
Ralfi Pagan ‎– Didn’t Want To Have To Do It (1974)
Michael Dues – Goodbye Rainbow (1979)
Camera Soul – Now (2016)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators