Eddy’s Eighties Grooves Part 33: Sunshine Boogie

Unsplash
Highly danceable grooves mostly from and a few inspired by the 1980s. Enjoy!

Recently percussionist, singer and composer Hamilton Bohannon passed away. After playing in a band with Jimi Hendrix and a brief period as a schoolteacher, he was recruited as drummer in Stevie Wonder's touring band in 1964. Three years later Bohannon started as the leader and arranger of Bohannon & The Motown Sound, who provided backing for many of the label's top acts on tour. When Motown Records moved to Los Angeles in 1972, Bohannon started a career of his own and became a cult disco legend. Especially his breaks on Let's Start To Dance are phenomenal. The track has been sampled and covered a dozen of times. In his hometown Newnan, Georgia, they named a street after him, the Hamilton Bohannon Drive.

Folamour about I Miss Having Someone To Talk To on Musictech:
“This song was inspired by how I felt during my last months in London. Back then, I was touring every day, playing close to 20 gigs every month and I was feeling deeply isolated on a personal level. When the quarantine started, the song took another meaning and felt even more relevant to me.”
Tracklist:

Grand Staff ‎– Slide My Love (1985)
One Way Feat. Al Hudson ‎– Music [Phazed Groove Edit] (1979)
Din Jay – Sunshine Boogie (2020)
Dave Valentin ‎– I Don't Wanna Fall In Love (I Just Wanna Dance) (1982)
Jimmy Scott ‎– Can't Say No (1990)
Detroit Spinners – Working My Way Back To You (1980)
Kenny Moore – Don’t Touch Me There (1980)
Carter And Chanel – You Just Don’t Care (1980)
Brothers Johnson – Do It For Love (1981)
Mantra – Here We Come (1981)
Delight – Is It Too Late (1983)
Bohannon – What Is A Dream Part 2 (1982)
Folamour Ft. Liv East – I Miss Having Someone To Talk To (2020)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators