Breaking down!

Breaks and samples unmasked: a collection of originals covers and (much) sampled tracks, the whole she-bang in one mix. And be warned: there’s a little bit of humour in it too. Music is not always a serious matter (well, at least not in my point of view). The song from the beautifully singing Jones Girls can be found on great new compilation, called Gimme A Break, which inspired me in a way to make this mix. Another source of inspiration was Mayer Hawthorne's Soul With A Hole Vol. 1. I have a signed copy of it, which I'm very proud of! The track by the Odells is on this excellent mix-album as well.

The picture is from Xenon Pulse.

Tracklist:

Scritti Politti – Die Alone (1999)
Gene Harris & The 3 Sounds – The Look Of Slim [Madlib remix] (2003)
De La Soul – Me Myself And I (1989)
Daryl Hall & John Oates – I Can't Go For That (No Can Do) (1981)
The Bird And The Bee – I Can't Go For That (No Can Do) (2010)
Diana Ross – Love Hangover (1976)
Monica – My First Night (1999)
Deee-lite – Groove Is In The Heart (1990)
Vernon Burch – Get Up (1979)
Tommy Stewart – Get Off Your Seats (1976)
Bert Kaempfert & His Orchestra – My Way Of Life (1968)
The Avalanches – Frontier Psychiatrist (2000)
Ray Barretto – Wipe Out (1968)
SeƱor Coconut & His Orchestra – Beat It (2003)
Yusef Lateef – Nubian Lady (1972)
James Brown – The Payback (1974)
En Vogue – My Lovin’ (1992)
Jimmy Bo Horne – Let Me (1978)
Stereo MC’s – Connected (1993)
Dennis Coffey – Theme From Black Belt Jones (1974)
Tony Hatch & the Satin Brass – Sounds Of The Seventies (1971)
Digable Planets – Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat) (1993)
The Honeydrippes – Impeach The President (1973)
The Ordells – Sippin’ A Cup Of Coffee (1967)
The Jones Girls – At Peace With Woman (1980)
The Chi-Lites – Give It Away (1970)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators