Discomania!

A couple of weeks ago Alwin, a good friend of mine, asked me to go to a concert of The Sonnets. I never had heard any songs of them, so I searched for the band on YouTube. And I discovered a very nice single with the intro of Barry White’s ‘Love’s theme’, called ‘No Hollywood ending’. The concert was cancelled (one of the members was ill), so I haven’t seen them live yet, but I like their fresh eighties attitude. Check them out, if you can. Their album ‘Western Harbour Blue’ is very nice as well.

Some of the tracks, like the ones from Teddy Pendergrass en Johnny Mathis can be found on the excellent Disco Discharge series, selected by the one and only Mr Pink. Thanks to Nicolas Drosos for sending me some of the songs in this mix!

Tracklist:

Bonnie Pointer – I Can’t Help Myself (Motown/1979)
The Sonnets – No Hollywood Ending (Despotz/2010)
Love Unlimited Orchestra – Love’s Theme (20th Century/1973)
Heaven 'N' Hell Orchestra – Bitten By The Love Bug [Disco Mix] (MCA/1979)
Patrick Boothe – Dance All Night (Streetwave/1982)
First Touch – It’s Yours (Highsteppin’/2009)
Aurra – Checking You Out (Salsoul/1982)
Cheyenne – Still The Kinda Man (Philips/1982)
Lemon – Freak On (Salsoul/1978)
Chuck Cissel – Cisselin’ Hot (Arista/1978)
Johnny Mathis – Begin The Beguine [Special Disco Version] (Columbia/1979)
Claudia Cardinale – Love Affair (Emotion/1977)
Gordon Staples – Strung Out (Motown/1970)
Lafayette Street – Chariot (I Will Follow Him) (Carnaby/1976)
Teddy Pendergrass – Life Is A Song Worth Singing (PIR/1978)

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators