Summer Soul Station Part 11: Summer Of Motown

Summer Soul Station goes Motown! In the past I remixed a couple of Marvin Gaye songs. ‘Inner city blues’ is my most recent one. I used bits and pieces of German band leader James Last. He gave the song the summer feeling I needed for this mixtape. The track from Kelly Rowland is from her new album ‘Here I am’, her first one on Motown. She sings about Summer Soul Station, I suppose: ‘We gotta do it, do it all day, like the radio!’ She promoted her album with a wardrobe malfunction last week…

I will play the original version of ‘Walk away Renee’ someday as well, because the Four Tops did a cover version of it. Enjoy this summer of Motown!

Full tracklist:

Kelly Rowland & Rico Love – All Of The Night (2011)
Marvin Gaye – Inner City Blues [Professor Eddy vs James Last Re-edit] (2011)
Martha & the Vandellas – Heat Wave [David Elizondo Mix] (2008)
The Temptations – Beauty Is Only Skin Deep (1966)
The Four Tops – Walk Away Renee (1967)
The Originals – Call On Your Six Million Dollar Man (1977)
Thelma Houston – I Want To Go Back There Again (1972)
Barbara Randolph – Can I Get A Witness (1968)
Ozone – Our Hearts Will Always Shine (1983)
Jean Carn – Trust Me (1982)
Eddie Kendricks – On My Way Home (1976)
Mira Waters – You Have Inspired Me (1979)
Diana Ross – Sweet Summertime Livin’ (1980)
Dazz Band – Let It Whip (1982)
Jimmy Ruffin – I Know How To Love Her
Frankie Valli – Just Look What You’ve Done (1975)
Jackson 5 – Ooh, I’d Love To Be With You (1973)
Gloria Jones – So Tired (1973)
Syreeta – Tiki Tiki Donga (1977)
Hearts Of Stone – One Day (1970)
Commodores – Sail On (1979)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night