The Freak Of The Week

Best wishes to all of you! I have to admit that I borrowed the idea for my first one of the year from one of the best dj's on the planet, namely Tim Sweeney from NYC, but my mix is not as creepy as the one he created for 'Beats in space'. My 'Freak Of The Week' is more about doing freaky than being freaky, if you know what I mean. I tried to keep it funny rather than scary. It's a mix about being extraordinary. The only similarity is the song from Mud. Those guys made me love pop music way back when, so it's fair to be featured in this mix with their crazy classic as well. The song before Mud is from Don Bryant who was produced by the late Willie Mitchell on his legendary Hi label (Al Green, Ann Peebles).

A song that just missed the boat is 'Only a fool ' from Mighty Sparrow (together with Byron Lee). He sounds so sad and convincing. Why doesn't she love him? And keep an eye on King Charles, I love his new single 'Mississippi Isabel'. He's very funny! I can't wait for his album. Enjoy! Beautiful pictures from Courtney Brooke.

Tracklist:

Beverley Knight – Don't Be A Fool (2011)
Selah Sue – Crazy Vibes (2011)
Amp Fiddler / Sly & Robbie – Crazy Day (2008)
Azymuth – Crazy Clock (2011)
Lemon – Freak On (1978)
Empire Projecting Penny – Freakman (1981)
Minnie Riperton – Dancin' & Actin' Crazy (1979)
Maryann Farra & Satin Soul – Stoned Out Of My Mind (1976)
Funkadelic – (Not Just) Knee Deep [Eddy's 'Freak Of The Week' Edit] (1979)
Betty Davis – He Was A Big Freak (1975)
Side Effect – Goin' Bananas (1977)
The Undisputed Truth – I'm A Fool For You (1974)
Bobby Thurston – Foolish Man (1978)
Chic – Le Freak [Album Version] (1978)
Don Bryant – I'll Go Crazy (1968)
Mud – Crazy (1973)
King Charles – Tomorrow's Fool (2011)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators