Groovy, Sexy & Soulful Part 16

I discovered Jens Lekman more or less by accident, when I was looking for lyrics about letters. I heard a song of his in which he sings about his complicated relationship with a lesbian girl, called ‘Postcard to Nina’. I like it a lot, because it’s sad and funny at the same time. He has a new album out, called ‘I know what love isn’t’. All the songs are about heartache and pain, but always with a humorous twist. For this 16th part of ‘Groovy, sexy & soulful’ I selected ‘She just don’t want to be with you anymore’. Enjoy!

Tracklist:

Brenda Russell – Something I Like To Do (1981)
James Taylor – On Broadway (2009)
Jens Lekman – She Just Don’t Want To Be With You Anymore (2012)
Neil Diamond – Girl You’ll Be A Woman Soon (1967)
Lianne La Havas – Au Cinéma (2012)
D-Influence – Dreams (2001)
Sons of Champlin – You (1976)
Funky Communication Committee – Falling Out Of Love (1980)
Leon Ware – Body Heat (1976)
Prince Phillip Mitchell ‎– You're All I Got In The World (1978)
Wales Wallace – Somebody I Know (1973)
Marcus Miller – Slippin’ Into Darkness [Eddy’s ‘War’ Edit] (2012)
The Mystic Moods – Honey Trippin’ (1975)
Marvin Gaye – I Hope My Heart Don’t Get Broken (1969)
Benjamin Herman – He’ll Never Get Her (Any Other Way) (2012)
Monique – Your Key Fits (1987)
Rene & Angela – I Don’t Know (Where Love Comes From) (1980)
Oby Onyioha ‎– Enjoy Your Life [Alkino Re-edit] (1981)
Earth & Fire – Thanks For The Love (1975)
Earth, Wind & Fire – Can’t Hide Love (1975)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night