Smooth Sailing: Yacht Rock, Daytime Disco & Sunset Soul

Unsplash
Enjoy this new episode of Smooth Sailing! The title and the content were inspired by the North West Coast, Matt Bird’s weekly show on Radio PVS. You surely have to listen to him each Saturday, if you can.
 
USA based singer Fonteyn (Suzanne May) spent her formative years pursuing musical theatre and acting in her home country England. Although she played in some movies and lived in L.A. for a while, it wasn’t until she started making music that she felt able to express herself authentically. About her songs she once told in an interview:
“Nostalgic, dreamy and theatrical. I have always been captivated by Karen Carpenter’s voice, it makes me cry. I love Todd Rundgren, his Something/Anything? album has influenced me a lot, but also Carole King, Paul McCartney, Burt Bacharach, I could go on!”

Next week the two dudes from the Smooth Operators will return! 😊

Tracklist:

Rainee Blake – One More Night (2023)
Craig Dove – I’ve Got To Tell The Lady (1978)
Fonteyn – Jody (2024)
Raffi Quijano – Emotion (2008)
Doobie Brothers – You Never Change (1978)
Ray Parker Jr. & Raydio – Until The Morning Comes (1980)
Isley Brothers – Smooth Sailin’ Tonight (1987)
Stephen Encinas ‎– Music In Me (1979)
Commodores – Girl, I Think The World About You (1976)
Deodato – Just One Night (1982)
Don Blackman – Heart's Desire (1982)
Heatwave – Posin Til Closin (1981)
Norman Connors Feat. Al Johnson – I Don’t Need Nobody Else (1980)
Richard Stepp – Caught Up In A Whirlwind (1979)
Lava – Give It Up (1981)
Woods Empire – Universal Love (1981)
Earth Wind & Fire – Can’t Hide Love (1975)
David Gates – Can I Call You (1979)
Rumer – I Can’t Go For That (2015)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators