I'm A Mellow Fellow

The lyrics are a complete mystery to me (I hear some vague religious themes), but when I first heard ‘Angels of ashes’ from Scott Walker I was sure that I saw a glimpse of heaven! What a voice, what a song! And the religous themes in it sound perfect on this sunny Sunday morning with some church bells sounding in the background.

Tracklist:

Major Harris – Loving You Is Mellow (1975)
Patrice Rushen – Hang It Up (1978)
Gladys Knight & the Pips – Who Is She (And What Is She To You) (1973)
Hummingbird – You Can’t Hide Love (1977)
Scott Walker – Angels Of Ashes (1969)
Marlena Shaw – Last Tango In Paris (1973)
Stanley Clarke / Howard Hewitt – Heaven Sent You (1984)
Leela James – Party All Night (2010)
Charles Drain – Is This Really Love (1976)
Earth, Wind & Fire – Feeling Blue (1974)
Rena Scott – Touch The Love In Your Heart (1979)
Gene Dunlap – In Just A Matter Of Time (1983)
The Stylistics – Broken Wing (1979)
Commodores – Sail On (1979)
Manhattans – Shining Star (1980)
Surface – Happy (1986)
Kiara – The Best Of Me (1988)

I'm A Mellow Fellow by Professor Eddy on Mixcloud

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators