Sea Groove

Let me take you on a Latin Soul trip this time! Hopefully this mix gives you the feeling of taking a well-deserved trip around the Caribbean. It summarizes more or less 50 years of summer fun in modern music. Enjoy the sea grooves! By the way, I did something similar for the Love Unlimited Sound System two years ago, called Latin Polar Bear Disco.

Tracklist:

Joe Cuba Sextet – Aprieta (1964)
Orgone - Funky Nassau (2004)
Sunlightsquare – Pastime Paradise (2009)
Beverlei Brown – In The Summertime (2002)
Julie Dexter & Khari Simmons – Salt Sea (2006)
Buscemi – Seaside (2003)
Incognito – That's The Way Of The World [Ski Oakenfull Remix] (2007)
Odyssey – Don’t Tell Me, Tell Her (1980)
Steve Parks – Movin' In The Right Direction (1981)
Edna Wright – Oops! Here I Go Again (1977)
The Blackbyrds – Soft And Easy (1977)
Roos Jonker – Mmmmm (2010)
Sergio Mendes – You And I (2010)
Serge Gainsbourg – Mambo Miam Miam (1959)
Alaida Costa – Catavento (1976)
SeƱor Coconut And His Orchestra – Kiss (2008)
Nouvelle Vague – Aussi Belle Qu’Une Balle (2009)
Earl Grant – Fever (1958)
Glenda Collins – Something I’ve Got To Tell You (1966)
Gloria Scott – (A Case Of) Too Much Lovemakin' (1974)
Jeffree – Gentle Love (1996)
The Drifters – Under The Boardwalk (1964)
Frankie Ford – Sea Cruise (1959)

Comments

Unknown said…
This looks great!

I'm just downloading now!
Unknown said…
A fine eclectic mix!

For me the more Soulful tracks were the highlight but Earl Grant's version of "Fever" really put a smile on my face! - I have it here somewhere on the B-side of "The house of bamboo"!
professor Eddy said…
Thanks! I like Earl Grant too. It's one of the best versions of 'Fever', I think.

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators